Friday, July 15, 2011

Up Where They Walk, Up Where They Run, Up Where They Play All Day With Their Wands!

There's nothing quite like hundreds of people coming together, dressed up in costume or not, to enjoy the last Harry Potter movie ever to grace a theater near you. :D And surprisingly, or not so surprisingly, this also describes the first part of my evening, in which my mom and I went to see The Little Mermaid at the Muny here in St. Louis. There were probably a thousand people there, and within that hundreds of little girls dressed up just like Ariel.

Strangely enough, the Little Mermaid and Harry Potter have a few things in common:

1) Many people, young and old, dress up to go to these events. As mentioned above, there were LOTS of little girls dressed up as Ariel. While the midnight showing of HP 7.2 may not have had as many dressed up little girls, there were MANY dressed up young adults of all ages, shapes, and sizes.

2) Whether it be at the Little Mermaid, Harry Potter World, or the HP midnight showing, I can happily say I have never seen so many red heads in one place in all my life. What can I say, we seem to just flock to the places where we will be embraced the most. Example?
Little Girl: (widens her eyes and points at me) Look mommy! A grown UP Ariel!

Can you feel the red head love tonight?
Whoops, wrong Disney movie.

2.5) Not only did my red hair get me mistaken for Ariel, but at HP midnight showing I was confused for Ginny Weasley too! Now this was more drunk frat boys at 3 in the morning instead of cute little girls at 8p.m., but hey, you gotta roll with the punches.

So see? There's really not that much that divides the Little Mermaid from Harry Potter. Peeps in costume? Check. Red Heads, fake or REAL? Check. So I encourage you, go see one or both of these lovely pieces of theater. Dress up. Dye your hair red. Go crazy!

'Wish I Could Be Part Of Your World'

No comments:

Post a Comment