Friday, September 23, 2011

So it's been awhile, but I promise I'm still alive. For now, anyway. Yeah, let me explain that one.

I have the same TA job I did last year, but my living situation has changed. Last year I lived in the basement of one of the dorms with one of my best friends. It was a little isolated, but Suite Besty and I liked the quiet and the minimal interactions with the students whose papers we graded.

My new place has both of those things: quiet and little to no interaction between students. Why, you might ask?

Because I live in a dorm by myself. As in alone. As in it's me and two floors worth of empty rooms and silent as the grave halls.
Woohoo!

It's actually not that bad now that i've had a few weeks to get used to it. Fortunately, I have a slight obsession with the color pink, and my room is SO PINK that no one in their right mind could feel depressed about being alone in it. :D It's really only when I step out into the motel-like hallway that I feel kind of like the odd-woman out, or like I've somehow survived the apocalypse and am the only girl in the world.

(And if you know me, or have read my blog about my not so irrational fear about zombies, then you should not find it at all surprising that yes, I have come up with a zombie escape/hole up in this safely locked building for the rest of time plan. Don't worry, if you're not a zombie and you manage to survive the first round zombie attacks, you're all welcome to come live with me here. There's plenty of open beds.)

There are some lovely bright sides to living here alone. For one, I can play music and sing as loudly as I want at any hour of the day that I want without fear of waking or disturbing the neighbors. Also, the showers are never taken and the laundry room is always empty. Hooray!

'Want You To Make Me Feel Like I'm The Only Girl In The World' is kiiiiind of an understatement when it comes to my life right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment